Join us in our discussion with Rutherford County Register of Deeds Heather Dawbarn.
Here are some snippets from the Dawbarn camp:
Fox News 17 (WTVZ) just did a story about how she is saving our county hundreds of thousands of dollars with her new Records Management Program.
Please take a look at it here:
This is Heather’s Facebook link – click on the photo and the video will play (then please share the story on your wall!) :
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeatherDawbarnRegisterofDeeds – Please LIKE her page and comment!
- She has reduced her budget and reduced spending every year in office
- She worked hard to improve service
- Saved the county $208,000 in the first 3 months of the new Records Management Program
- Rejected two across-the-board pay increases in 2013 (this still created a shortfall and a 4% county property tax increase)
- Utilizes merit-based pay (like the private sector)
- Reduced her postage budget from taking office until present by 66%
- Introduced Electronic Recording – allowing patrons to submit documents online & receive a Book & Page Number in just minutes (eliminating mail, courier and hand-delivering documents) eliminating mistakes, saving time, labor and money (In just a few weeks about a 1/3 of the business is now electronic)
She has accomplished many other positive changes. Heather is a servant-leader casting a vision for what a public office can accomplish. She is principaled and has stood her ground when making tough decisions – siding with the taxpayer and citizens of Rutherford County.
Again, we ask you to re-elect Heather on May 6th or early vote April 16th through May 1st.
You may learn more about Heather at http://HeatherDawbarn.com